Wednesday, 6 September 2017

One layer eek! ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I decided to change things around this month and to make some things harder and some things easier. Today’s card is definitely in the harder for me category. This was so hard and now I deeply admire and respect you one layer makers as it has taken me just under a week to create a one layer card that doesn’t have fingerprints or paint where they shouldn’t be because I am a very mucky stamper.   Here is the card that nearly beat me …

  
There are no inky blobs or fingerprints!
I am happy I managed this!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Stamptember Stamp It: no digi’s allowed 


It looks and I suppose is quite simple. But multiple layers and embellishments can hide a multitude of sins lol! I used my Spellbinders classic large ovals dies to die cut a hole in a piece of paper through which I applied ink to the card. One I was happy with that I removed the mask, dried the ink then put the mask back in position so that I could spray and splat water droplets onto the inked oval. Once again I dried the card and re-positioned the mask before inking up the stamp with a green archival and stamping the leaves and flourishes in position.

I love that I did manage to do this in the end and yes I may create more one layer cards soon. Afterall Christmas is coming and I don’t want a big postage stamp bill! One thing I have to say though is it is a little stark. But once I got the front inked and splattered then stamped there was no way I was going to risk stamping a sentiment or adding any sequins/bling/pearls. I don’t know if the bling might cause my entry to be disqualified lol! I’m not putting that hard work to waste now. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Hero Arts H4464 Two Flourish Flowers (they are wood mounted stamps given to me by a friend, I think they are old)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Spellbinders Classic Large Oval die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; ink blending tool and foam; spray bottle with water; kitchen towel

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm cream card
Snippets: scrap paper for the mask
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger Green Archival Ink Pad
Ranger Big & Juicy ink pad
Adhesives/Mediums:
Washi tape for the stencil

7 comments:

Cara said...

Beautiful CAS card, very impressed at the lack of inky smudges too!

Tracy Freeman said...

You have nailed it ! I cannot do one layer at all, I REALLY struggle with it and yet i can created CAS with no problems...weird i know lol
Hope you are well lovely, sending lots of hugs xxx

Barbara Schiassi said...

Pretty CAS card, simple and beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So pretty and sophisticated. Love the pink backdrop to your silhouette blooms and loads of crisp 'white' space too. Brilliant for our CAS challenge at HLS and thanks for joining us.

Gayatri said...

Beautiful card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stamp it Challenge. Gayatri xx

Creative Lady said...

Cute card, love how you added the silhouette blooms in the center. Thanks for sharing with A Blog Named Hero.

Team Clark said...

Oh my gosh Karen!!! Biggest congratulations on winning the watercolor challenge at HLS!!! How exciting. So very happy for you sweet girl. Hugs, Autumn