Sunday, 25 June 2017

My Favourite Flower Stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. We need a couple of thank you cards and I suddenly realised that I didn’t have any in my boxes of ready to use. So I decided to play with one of my favourite stamp sets again and here is the end result …

A 15 cm square card
It's not too deep, so okay for us to post
All the yummy details
I love how easy using a pale ink pad makes the flowers look more realistic
I distressed the thanks too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


This set of stamps is joint first with another set of my favourite flower stamps. I’ve owned these for quite a bit of time but they are a set that I go back to time and time again. I admit to having several, ahem, sets of flower stamps and I adore every single one of them, lol. I’m very lucky to own some of them because they were purchased as presents or were purchased from a challenge win voucher. I know that I could and would easily create with flower stamps every day of the year. Flower stamps, stencils and Distress Oxides are my current obsessions lol!

I used snippets of stencilled watercolour rejects or snippets of watercolour painting practice rejects to die cut the mats and flowers, I am a bit obsessive in trying to re-use any project that has gone wrong. I don’t like wasting card and I especially hate wasting watercolour paper and I don’t do this because of thriftiness but because of green footprint guilt lol! I used a Craft UK card blank, Prima 15cm square paper and the mats and flowers were created with snippets from other projects.


I inked the flower stamps with pale Distress ink and then I stamped and masked the flowers across the Sheena card. I wanted to practice my no line colouring technique, I love that technique and whenever I can I try to practice it. After I had coloured the stamped flowers I sifted through my patterned papers and found this beautiful Prima Marketing 15cm square paper. I used my beautiful new set of dies, courtesy of Frilly and Funkie Challenge random win, and die cut them multiple times. I have ended up setting up a small divided box to store these little flower die cuts in and that way they are easy to find and ready and waiting to be used on my projects. I die cut the mats using the banner dies and I grabbed an old purchased die cut sentiment which I distressed a little before sticking in position. I added a gem to each of the three flowers that were made of multiple layers and it was finished!

I think this is another of those cards that I would like to try and recreate on a tag or canvas. I’m up to two of those at the moment and as soon as I’ve enough time I will. I’ve started writing down these ideas or else I forget them lol! Apologies for lack of visits to you all I’ve had a fall and my back is the worse it has ever been right now. Hoping it will settle again soon. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
A6 A Little Bit Sketchy Poppies and Daisies stamp set by Sheena Douglass
Stencil:
Bouquet of Flowers Simon Says Stamps stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Frilly & Funkie: Small Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz Thinlits die set
Tutti Designs #214 Nesting Stitched Banners die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Craft UK card and envelope
Snippets: watercolour card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pad
Nature Spectrum Aqua pen sets
Derwent Inktense pencils (the rejected stencilled mat underneath the stamped and coloured flowers
Embellishments:
Gems and ‘thanks’ die cut from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam
Post It Notes: for masking

13 comments:

Claire said...

Its a wonderful and vibrant card with lots of lovely touches x

Mrs A. said...

This is just stunning Karen. So much thought and detailing hs gone into making it. I thought I recognised the backing design paper as I have that pad too. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

A beautiful floral creation Karen and just perfect for our Allsort and Stamping Sensations themes, many thanks for joining in. Reminds me I have that stamp somewhere and it's well overdue an inking.

B x

Di said...

Fabulous card Karen - as Mrs A says. so much thought and detail has gone into it. Beautiful colours as well.

I do hope your back settles down again soon.

Hugs

Di xx

Dora said...

Beautiful.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Jannet said...

Beautiful flowers so colourful and cheerful !

Cara said...

Wonderful card and I love the sentiment font x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful floral card, love the vibrant summer colours.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

scrappymo! said...

Wonderfully vibrant card today, KAren. The colours are so rich and vivid and your design is lovely.

I like to die cut teensy embellies and stash them away for future use. Saves storing snippets which always seem to get dogeared.
I keep my die cuts in one photo photo book from the dollar store. I use different colours of books for different themes! The one photo books top load which saves the embellies falling out (a problem with the side loading two photo style.

Mervi said...

Beautiful and lovely card Karen!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts "Flower Power" week;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kelly Szafron said...

Very pretty card and watercolouring. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge.

Team Clark said...

Oh my gosh Karen! Congrats on your win at HLS for this BEAUTY! Woo hoo - love it! Hugs, Autumn