Saturday, 1 April 2017

House of Cards April 2017 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend has started well. I’m back with my House Of Cards post today and for this month once again we have a choice for you. You can either use the colour palette or be inspired by the photograph or use both – lots of options for you. As per usual I have been inspired by both. I used the two of the colours, turquoise and teal blue, with white card for the background of my image and I used a feather stamp too. The feather stamp is a recent purchase. I have wanted a feather stamp for a while and when I saw our new challenge well it rude of been rude not to lol!  Anyways here are the colours and the photographic inspiration ...


I love the two shades of blue in this photograph so I just had to stick with those colours. Here is my card …

I created a 148mm square card
There are several layers but I have kept the card flat for posting
I love the dies I have used on this card!
The feather stamp is lush!
A final look

Luckily for me this also fits these Challenges 
Cards und More Challenge #10 Anything Goes with Sentiment/s

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #13 Anything Goes
Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge #310 Anything Goes
Although I used Happy Birthday this card is also ideal for Easter/spring celebrations and it has a light airy feel too
The Ribbon Girl Challenge March Any Image 


This was a reasonably quick to make card because I knew what I wanted to do and how I wanted it to look. I stamped the feather three times onto watercolour card using different colours of blue Distress ink pads. I used a damp brush to colour the feathers from their initial stamping. I die cut the watercolour panel using my Tutti Design die. I placed a snippet of blue card under the die cut banner and lightly traced around it with a pencil. I then used a ruler, a knife and a cutting mat to trim the mat. I attached the die cut panel to the cut layer and popped to one side. I use my Tim Holtz mixed media 1 dies to cut into each corner of the patterned paper and then attached the patterned paper to a 148mm square card blank. A snippet of pearl paper was used to die cut the Happy Birthday sentiment. I laid out the papers until I was happy with the design and then glued it all together.

Unusually for me this was a nice and easy process for a change, I do tend to get caught up and trapped by the daftest of things at times lol! Happily not this time though! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass feather stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Mixed Media 1 dies
Tutti Design banner die
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby range: Happy Birthday
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; cutting mat and knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Watercolour card
300 gsm card
Patterned paper from my stash
Snippets: pearl card; pearl paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress IPs: Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers
Embellishments:
Snippet ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape

13 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Love this beautiful feather card-Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Birthday Challenge!

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that's a really beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! The feathers look amazing!! I love the colors!! What a beautiful card this is!! Love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

Gorgeous watercolor design, like the blue's and your droplets in the background turned out great! Donna HOC teamate

Arlene said...

What a beauty. I just love the colors you chose from the inspiration.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Brenda said...

I am loving these shades of blue together too Karen!!! Your card is gorgeous, love those feathers and that scripty birthday die cut. Hugs, Brenda

Merethe Arstein said...

Lovely soft colors for your card here Karen.

(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, this is gorgeous, I love the shades of blue and the whole layout really is fantastic.
Hope you are well my lovely, sending lots of love and hugs xxx

Gayatri said...

Lovely feathers. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Bev said...

gorgeous colour choice. Thank you for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge

Team Clark said...

Karen, I love these gorgeous feathers and your awesome design - perfection on paper! Hugs, Autumn

Michele K. Henderson said...

Karen, this feather card is just gorgeous! I love the pretty arrangement and the color is perfect!
Take care!
Michele

PLISSA said...

Hi Karen!!! So beautiful card...i like so much the textures... hugs. Paula