Thursday, 6 April 2017

Another set of flower stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, as I mentioned yesterday I can't stop playing with my flower stamps, lol! I coloured the topper on this card with my Colorista colouring pencils and, unusually, I am happy with the colouring! So I decided to create an A6 card using the coloured pieced along with some of my newer dies and here it is ...
 
An A6 Kraft card with some lovely Ribbon Girl lace
It's okay to post
The yummy details, love how soft I managed to get the colouring!
This set of flowers is one of my favourites
Only little snippets used but I love using them for die cuts
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Scrapy Land Challenge #63 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion, Memory Box & Tutti Designs dies
Congrats Simon Says Stamps on your 8th Birthday and I used your stamps today!!
The Ribbon Girl Challenge April card challenge


I’ve been attempting to practice my colouring skills when I get a free five to ten minutes from my current recycling, keeping to sort and donating duties but I'm having to take an enforced break for the moment. My back is playing up something wicked with all the moving, bending, lifting and sorting. In fact the pain is horrendous right now so it's time to sit down and relax in the hope that it eases and soon!! Thankfully there is something so very soothing about just sitting for a few minutes to colour an image. Normally I can feel the tension ease when I'm colouring whether it be practice or otherwise. I know I need to be patient and not push as I really do not want to be sent to bed on enforced rest, and believe me if the DH thinks that it will help that's what he'll make sure I do lol!

I knew when I married him he was a bit of a hoarder and I wasn't so I didn't think it would become an issue for me. Oh my goodness, I am a stupid woman! Back then we lived in a small two bed flat I wouldn't allow him to hoard and the lack of space somewhat made it easier. Moving here I've been a bit lapse and some of his habits have rubbed off on me, grr, lol! Crafting hoarding is what I'm talking about. Hopefully once my back has eased and my craft room is sorted I will get a bit more time and I am determined that every room in this house is going to be sorted and de-cluttered.

I'm planning on donating/binning or recycling what we don't use any longer or what has had it, I already have a small pile of dead electronics and another not so small pile of larger rubbish which will have to go to the local tip. It's a bit of a drive to our local one so we either drop stuff off if we are going past or near to it or do a tip run. I haven't told DH of my plans because he will not be happy lol, but I know we are going to have to do a tip run soon and visit there much more often in the next couple of months too. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamp SSS101595 Spring Flowers stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Mixed Media Floral Bursts die set
Memory Box Cheviot Butterfly die
Tutti Designs 214 Nesting Stitched Banner die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; pencil blending paper stumps

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Kraft card
Crafters Companion Printable Light Card
Snippets were used for the die cutting: Kanban patterned card; patterned paper; white stamping card; pink card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Set 1 Colorista colouring pencils
Versafine Black
Embellishments:
Lace from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


6 comments:

Gina Knott said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the flowers and design. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

brenda said...

Super stamping and colouring making for a lovely creation Karen, it has a real feel of Summer about it, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Brenda said...

Your card is beautiful Karen!! I so love this flower stamp set and it is on my wish list. You have worked with it beautifully! I also love the butterfly and the embossed flower as well. Hugs, Brenda

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love your choice of SSS flower stamps & you have coloured them beautifully.
Take it easy and make sure you rest your poor back & I hope it feels better soon.
Thanks for joining us for our special 8th Birthday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Joan said...

Such pretty flowers and lovely colouring .Good luck with the decluttering

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The colors are fabulous!! I love the flowers and the pretty butterfly!! What a beautiful card!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts