Monday, 27 February 2017

Winter blues ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a really good one and your week has started well. AquaTints, stamps and embossing powder means that now there are three 2017 Christmas cards created, yipee, just need to get back into the groove of making a couple a month and we’ll be a bit better prepared and here is today’s card …

A 148mm square card
Not too deep so it will go through the post
Lots of yummy inkiness
This die is lovely
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


I am attempting to be organised for Christmas 2017 this year, lol, so I’m hoping to be well enough to play along every month with Scrappy Mo’s Rudolph Day challenge.   I love blue and Kraft and if you throw in white embossing then I am more than happy lol! I stamped the Sheena Douglass snowflake stamps with clear embossing powder and once cool I added a layer of clean water to the card before applying a layer of Spectrum Noir AquaTints, I was because I finished the background late of a night so I left it to dry overnight. The next day I added splashes of water to the background and mopped up the ink with a piece of kitchen towel which is why it looks like it’s blooming (love that look). Whilst that was drying I die cut the sentiment from a piece dark blue card and the branches from a dark piece of card which I had used to play and experiment with my lovely Pebeo Dyna iridescent paints – they have such a lovely lush look to them!

I added ribbon, twine, a charm and three sequins and I was happy. I kept it reasonably fuss free as this one will be posted. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Scenic: Ornate Snowflakes stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Mini Greenery dies
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Contemporary Christmas Collection: Merry Christmas
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: Pebeo Dyna coloured card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary set
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens: Special Holiday Selection

WOW Clear Embossing Powder
Embellishments:
Wired ribbon (thank you Carol)
From my stash: twine; metal tree; sequins
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

14 comments:

Craftychris said...

So gorgeous! Love the awesome inkyness and the greenery die cuts look fabulous! We done starting your Christmas cards! I have too, Yay! xxx

Lin said...

I LOVE that your Christmas card is blue (my favorite color!) Love the pretty pines and snowflakes - thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so pretty Karen, love the hues of blue and especially the hanging little tree charm you added...so glamorous
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

brenda said...

What a very pretty creation Karen and loving the varying tones of blue with the white snowflakes, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card, I love everything about it.

Sue xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Karen, the blues, white and kraft look super together.

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at Allsorts Tracy x

LesleyG said...

gorgeous card, and I love the sheen on those branches xxx

Brenda said...

Wow, love this one Karen! That background is stunning and I love the way you dressed it up. That little tree charm is so cute and I am loving that Merry Christmas die cut! Hugs, Brenda

Olga Fink said...

Karen your card is gorgeous! Fabulous background!
xoxo Olga

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous inky background. you have made a lovely card. Love the ink, the pretty ribbon and the sweet charm.

Thanks for taking part in the Feb. Rudolph Days Challenge.

MaryH said...

Hi, and finally became a Google+ again, so I could leave a comment here!!!(may have to abandon Plus if I have issues as I did before!)I love this wonderful snowflake & watercolor beauty. Also love how you've used the wider Christmas ribbon as a nice bold border. It's a gorgeous card, with wonderful effects. TFS & Hugs

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 322 - hope to see you again soon x

Zora said...

Bautifull card in blue colours. Thanks for your participation in HLS christmas challange. Hope to se youb in outher next challande. //Zora