Sunday, 26 February 2017

Springtime Tulips ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been experimenting with gesso and watercolours with new stencils and dies and here is the first card I have created with one of my experiments ...

A 148mm square card
Not too deep for posting
All the yummy details
I love this effect, the colour seems to go under the gesso!
A beautiful butterfly die
A couple more snippets used
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge # Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #182 Add Some Texture:
the stencilled panel, the lace, the ribbon and the die cuts all have great texture
Die Cut Divas Challenge Use Pink or Red
 Dies R Us Challenge #67 Think Spring
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #181 ribbon and lace
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes: 
there's no stamping on my card but I followed the theme 
UnstampaBelles Challenge #65 Anything Goes optional twist use something new:
the banner and large butterfly dies are new


I wanted to see the end result if I added a light layer of gesso to some card and then applied watercolours over the top. I have to say it’s been so much fun playing with supplies like this especially as it’s just for me learning new techniques and trying them out. I wasn’t sure if I would want to use it on a card or if it would be something for my journal or mixed media tag so being able to use it on a card is a complete bonus.

My lovely husband has been treating me to some gorgeous new dies over the last couple of weeks and this stitched banner die set are one of my new ones. I’ve been wanting some new dies for a while and a banner especially, the bonus is that it is pierced too!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stencil:
Simon Says Stamps Stencil: Bouquet of Flowers
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tutti Designs 214 Nesting Stitched Banners
Crafters Companion Downton Abbey: Ornate Circle Frame
Crafters Companion Sara Signature Range Butterfly Lullaby: Flit & Flutter; Butterfly Dance
Miscellaneous Tools:
Brayer; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Kraft card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; patterned card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Windsor & Newton half pan watercolours
Gold acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Lace & ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Gesso; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

13 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Love a bit of experimentation and always a bonus when you can use it in something else! It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Dale Tiernan said...

Oh my gosh, how talented you are. Beautiful. Thanks for entering at Unstampabelles.

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is such a lovely card Karen. I love the stitched banner shape and the sweet tulips stand out so nicely from the kraft card. Love the lace and the butterflies too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

June Fletcher said...

Hi Karen

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

Your card is pretty and very colourful!

June/DT
htpp://poppyfieldcardcrafts.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

Great job Karen! Love that new banner die panel ... so pretty! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Think Spring’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Sherri said...

Beautiful card! Love that gorgeous background and the butterflies just finish it perfectly! Thanks for joining our "Think Spring" challenge at Dies R Us!

frommycraftroom said...

Great card. Have fun with your new toys. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Peggy T. said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers Add Some Texture Challenge.

Peggy T.
DT Member

Pam said...

Your new technique turned out beautifully. Love all the colors and wonderful use of texture! Thank you for sharing your design in our "Add Some Texture" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
:) Pam

Alysha Sheridan said...

Fab project thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge week 8, Good luck, hugs Aly (DT)

Cindy C. said...

The watercolor tulips look wonderful! Thanks for joining the fun at Die Cut Divas.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! Love the watercolour/gesso technique - very cool! xxx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The tulips are lovely & those butterflies are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx