Monday, 20 February 2017

Springtime blossoms ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was fabulous one and you have a good week too! I’ve been playing with one of my Simon Says Stamps stamp sets, a stencil, gesso and dies and here is the end result …

A DL card, for a change
You can see some of the sparkle on the butterfly and we will hand deliver this
All the yummy details
I am happy with the end result of the stamping and stencilling
I am lucky that the die cuts layer so well
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #403 Anything Goes
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge February Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge Rock the Red part two 
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Out of the Cold
Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Add Texture: There is texture from the paper lace die cuts, the die cut flowers were painted with acrylic paint which I heated to get it to bubble and I added some crackle paint to the flowers too.
The banner is a Tutti Design die and the rest are Crafters Companion dies
Create with Something New: banner and butterfly dies, stamps & stencil


The paper that I used for the stencil and stamping is actually a small piece of Fabriano watercolour paper and it is so very lush lol! I had a little piece left over from painting one of my girlies and it was too small for that but I didn’t want to waste it so I grabbed the lovely stencil, the stamp set, my Spectrum Aqua and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens, and then the die. It’s worked so prettily and I am so happy about that and now I need lots more lol!

I attached the stencil to the Fabriano paper and then used my Spectrum Aqua pens to draw around the tulips. I then used a piece of acetate to scribble the Aqua’s onto and then coloured the tulips with those washes. The next step was inking up a couple of flowers from the stamp set as well as the leaves and the stems and I used the acetate again to colour the flowers, leaves and stem. I dried that with my heat tool and coloured the background with any green that was left on my acetate. Unusually, right now, I am actually happy with the end result of this one lol!

Some snippets were used for the die cuts and an old stash item got used too which is a bonus. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamp stamp set:
Stencil:
Simon Says Stamp stencil:
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tutti Designs die: 214 Banners
Spellbinders D-Lites Etched Dies: Medallions 2
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby range:
Crafters Companion Downton Abbey range:
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Fabriano paper
DL card
Snippets: Sheena Stamping card; red pearl card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens:
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen:
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape; double sided tape; fun foam; The Works gesso

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation and great colour combo. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts 'ANYTHING GOES' challenge, good luck in the draw. ♥
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

brenda said...

A super creation for our theme this week Karen, pretty colours and great tulip image and focal Butterfly, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Nancy Dynes said...

Hi, Karen!
I love the beautiful florals and bold, bright colors of your project. It is sooooo beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful floral card Karen and your butterfly is gorgeous, such [retty colours too, Kate x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card and lovely colours.

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Anything Goes' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Teresa Kline said...

hello! this is so pretty, luv those watercolored flowers! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Helene E said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts with this lovely creation!

Samra Leshinski said...

Gorgeous and so elegant!
Thank you for joining Scrapy Land challenge.
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Cathy Potosky said...

Beautiful card! The butterfly layered over those dies is amazing! Thanks for playing along at the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge :)
Cathy - DT Member at Emerald Creek

Jenny Marples said...

Karen I love this. The design is wonderful, fitting perfectly on that horizontal DL. I love the layered butterfly and die cuts and your stencilling/flowers banner is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx