Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Pretty in Pink ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope you’re week is going well and happy hump day to you all! I’ve been playing with my Altenew stamp set and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and here’s the end result …


A 125mm square card
Some depth but not too much so I can still post it
All the details
I adore these stamps
I actually captured some of the sparkle on my clay embellishment 
but not on the rest of my card!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #402 Hearts &/ Flowers
 
 Altenew Colour Challenge February Inspiration Photo

the panel I stamped on & die cuts are my snippets
Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Add Texture there is texture on the edges, from the twine and the clay embellishment, I used Crafters Companion dies 
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Use your favourite tool: stamps
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Fantastic Florals: I used Altenew stamps


I have some roughly C6 size pieces of card that were left overs from other projects that I am trying to use so I grabbed one of those before I stamped the flowers which I deliberately overlapped using already stamped paper masks. I used a pale colour of Distress Ink to stamp the flowers and leaves and then I scribbled the pink colour onto a piece of acetate and used that to watercolour the flowers and leaves. They have a subtle shimmer and shine in real life and I am happy with the end result for a change, lol, as I didn’t rush it and after the sparkling watercolouring was dry I used my Colorista pencils to add some more depth of colour here and there.

I wanted this card to have a distressed look and feel so I attached the patterned paper to my card and then took an emery board to the edges of the paper and I used my Tim Holtz tool to roughen up the edges of the stamped panel. I added twine and one of my paper clay flowers and three pink little butterflies and I’m actually happy with the end result lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Altenew: Whimsical Flowers stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Butterfly Lullaby Range: Flit & Flutter die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Tim Holtz Distressing Tool; emery board; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; Makins 39005 Florals push mould

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Patterned paper from my stash
Snippets: card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Sparkle 12 pen set: Holiday set
Distress ink pad: Victorian Velvet
Embellishments:
Twine
Air dry clay
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is beautiful Karen. So in love with those pink flowers. Hugs Mrs A.

Catherine said...

Beautiful card, Karen. I love the pink colors you used on the flowers against the green background. So pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

brenda said...

A really glorious floral creation Karen, my thanks for joining our Hearts and Flowers theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful! I love the colours and the gorgeous flowers, and you've actually managed to capture some of the sparkle in your photos
Jane

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Gina Knott said...

Such a pretty card! I love pink and green together. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Brenda said...

Wow, this is beautiful Karen! Love those petunia flowers and the color combo you have used. The butterflies are a perfect addition as well as the clay flower. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

Beautiful card Karen! Of course I adore the pink :)

Hugs

Di xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh Karen love the gorgeous flowers on your card
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Karen! Such a pretty design!! Love those flowers!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Stunning card
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member