Wednesday, 1 February 2017

House of Cards February 2017 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’m back with my House Of Cards February post today and once again we have a choice for you. You can either use the colour palette or be inspired by the photograph or use both – lots of options for you and here is the inspiration photograph for you ...


And here is my card ...

An A5 card
It has nice depth
All the yummy details
That pretty heart stamp
All the yummy die cuts
A final look at my card

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #400 Celebration: this is perfect as
anniversary/engagement/wedding celebration card
Dream Valley Challenge #148 All About Love
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #119 Winter or Spring
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Be My Valentine
 Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #265/6: die cuts are my snippets
Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Anything Goes I used Crafters Companion dies
Create Something with Something New


As usual I decided to use both the photograph and the colours on my card.  I used A4 pale pink card which I scored and then folded. I had quite a lot of white snippets on my desk and rather than creating a background I decided to die cut them and then colour then to match. I used the dies that came with previous editions of the Crafters Companion Inspiration magazines and the With Love word die is one of the Sara Davies ranges at Crafters Companion. I stamped the heart with Versafine grey ink pad and then I used my new set of Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens to colour the heart and flowers. Hearthside on the flowers, Holly Leaf on the leaves and a yellow watercolour pencil for the middle of the flowers. The die cuts were all coloured with watercolour paint, there is only a little of this colour red left because it can be watered down quite a lot to create a pretty pink or used with less water to create a deep red colour.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Davies Signature range: Butterfly Lullaby With Love sentiment die
Crafters Companion Inspiration magazine issues: 10 (hexagon die); 9 (heart)
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Hunkydory: pale pink adorable scorable card
300 gsm white card for layering
From my stash: patterned paper
Snippets: white card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Smoky Grey
Spectrum Noir Sparkle 12 pen set: Special Holiday
Yellow watercolour pencil
Red watercolour
Embellishments:
From my stash: pink rick rack ribbon; sequins
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

16 comments:

Di said...

Brilliant card Karen, lots of snippets used and such a lovely (pink!) result too.

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

It's a lovely creation and perfect for our Let's Celebrate theme at Allsorts Karen and such a super design as well, many thanks for joining in.

B x

SARN said...

Absolutely glorious xxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Such a pretty Valentine! Love the flowered heart - so beautifully colored. Wonderful combination of pinks and reds too. And 'With Love' is the perfect die to use for a Valentine! We are so happy you joined in our Be My Valentine? challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

susiestacey said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Celebrate' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I am in love with that deep pink color. The flowers inside your heart are so delicate. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Karen! I love the heart and the way you have colored it up, the dies are to die for-so in love with them! The color combo you have used as well as the papers just make this card sing. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Merethe Arstein said...

Lovely card Karen. Like all those layers. I really enjoy to be back and working in the team again. Take care.

(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

PLISSA ADD said...

Lovely and adorable card! Hugs, Paula...

Helene E said...

thank you so much for entering in our celebration challenge at Allsorts this week!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Karen!! I love the colors and the gorgeous flowers!! The design is fabulous!! What a beautiful card!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrapy Land!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol said...

A beautiful card Karen, so pretty. Carol x

MHK Designs said...

Karen, this is lovely! I adore the image and your amazing water coloring--and the layering is FABULOUS! Gorgeous card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

This is lovely, a beautiful card. Thanks for joining at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! I love your color palette and the beautiful details!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Susan Renshaw said...

What a pretty card!
Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
Susan
Teamie
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!