Monday, 6 February 2017

February's Mixed Media Tag #1, aka Round and Round in Love ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. Whilst I was pondering some of the current challenges that I wanted to play along with this weekend I also had to pop on over to Brenda’s blog for some assistance with one particular challenge and here is the end result …

  
Another chubby tag, love them!
I think the reason I like chubby tag so much is that there's lots of room to play!
These funky hearts came with the latest issue of CC Inspiration #13
They are a smaller version of Leonie Pujol's Doodle Hearts
 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge 30 minute challenge, see below
Creative Artiste Challenge #23 Anything Mixed Media Goes
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Be My Valentine
That’s Crafty Challenge Round and Round


Because the challenge at Country View Crafts this month is to create a project in 30 minutes or less I popped over to Brenda’s blog because I needed assistance or prompting as to how I could create a project in 30 minutes or less. Brenda’s idea was to make a plan and to gather all your materials and tools together before you start. I knew I wanted/needed to play with my supplies and create more mixed media tags so that was what I decided to do.

I used the A5 white card and Tando mask to quickly dab the three shades of ink through the stencil, the dots overlap a lot because I didn’t use Washi tape so my inking is haphazard but I like it because I think it adds to the overall shabbiness. The dew drop ink pads are old so I knew that they wouldn’t seep under the stencil. I splattered Fired Brick Distress Paint onto my mat, then with water and dipped the die cut circles into it. I cut the background into the tag and inked the edges with my Fired Brick Distress Stain before spraying with water so I blasted the tag and die cuts until touch dry. I stamped the hearts onto watercolour card snippets and used the gold IP direct to card and then I tapped the Distress Stain onto my mat and splashed it onto the other side of the hearts. It was at this point that I realised I had two different sizes of die cut circles but I went with it anyways and finally I was able to layer it all together.

There was no more space on my craft desk and it looked a complete state at this point and I was finally able to take a deep breath, lol! It was touch and go as to whether I would manage it and the white gesso was still wet when I photographed the finished tag but I just about did it! This sort of crafting is stressful but fun, lol, I hope to be back with another thirty minutes or less project soon. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue #13
Stencil:
Tando Creative Mask: Sequin Waste
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Large Classic Circle dies
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: watercolour card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress: Fired Brick Paint & Stain
Versafine IP: smokey grey
Brilliance Dew Drop ink pads: Gold; Brilliance Red; Rocket Red Gold
Embellishments:
Ribbon and lace from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
The Works: white gesso
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

13 comments:

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste Challenge Blog for challenge 23 Anything Goes Mixed Media and the sponsor is Scrapmatts. Hugs Jackie DT

Brenda said...

Oh Karen, I am so loving this chubby tag!! Those heats are so pretty, love the background of your tag and the lace at the bottom finishes it off perfectly as well as the ribbon on the top of the tag. Hugs, Brenda

Kim Evans said...

Karen, I love the texture to this tag. What a great valentine or card. Thank you for entering the Rock the Red Dare

Hazel Agnew said...

Not heard of chubby tags, but a great idea. Love what you have created in 30 mins. So juicy and vibrant, the lace is a lovely touch too. Thanks for joining in with us at Countryview Crafts.

Sara Barker said...

Wow, Karen! You really rocked the red, but you also did it in under 30 minutes! My hat is off to you,because I tried to do this last night, and it was a total fiasco; check out my post to see how far I got! your background looks so cool-love it! Thank you for sharing this with our Rock the Red Dare at Emerald Creek Dares! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

The Crafty Critter said...

Great tag! I love the background and the hearts and the lace bottom. OK, I love everything! Great work and I can't believe you did it in under 30 minutes. I have never seen chubby tags before. I think I will have to try one out for myself! Thank you for sharing how you created this beautiful tag. I would love to share my own creations with you. I am always looking to connect with fellow crafters for feedback and inspiration. If you would like to take a look - The Crafty Critter

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Chubby Tags!! How fun. These are adorable little love tags and that little lace edge is just the right touch of froufrou. <3 Thanks for sharing the with us at Creative Carte Blanche!

Kath Stewart said...

loving your beautifully decorated chubby tag Karen...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs Kath xxx

Candy C said...

Karen, these chunky tags are darling! I really love the polka dots in the background! Those just make me happy! But then add the funky hearts and circles and the color red and I'm smiling from ear to ear. Thank you so much for sharing some "love" with us at Creative Carte Blanche! <3

Cec said...

What fun tags combining all the circles and hearts in a traditional colour palette. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Susan said...

Love these fun tags!! I'm sure anyone would LOVE to receive these! They made me smile for sure! Thanks for joining as at Creative Carte Blanche!

Claudia N. said...

Love the foromat of the chubby tag and the design is absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you for playing along with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

Claudia x

Zoe Hillman said...

Lovely tag Karen, the background is very cool. Unfortunately we won't be able to enter you into the prize draw as the challenge was for a card, but thank you for joining us for the "Be My Valentine" over at Frilly & Funkie.